Still struggling with my favourite pastime, reading, so am posting a rather aimless post on my current iTunes playlist. I have actually started reading again at least. New (and f**king expensive) glasses have helped with that. Reading is rather easier when you can see. I have three things on the go:
- A Distant Shore (Caryl Philips)
- Granta #85 Hidden Histories (have made my way through the Orhan Pamuk story)
- The Chosen Ones: The politics of Salvation in the Anglican Church (Chris McGillion)
Otherwise occupying me:
- Sometimes Always and Just Like Honey (Jesus and Mary Chain)
- Vapour Trail and Twisterella (Ride)
- Soon (My Bloody Valentine)
- Sweetness and Light (Lush)
- Anything by the Arctic Monkeys
- Radio One Essential Mixes
- Bloc Party
- Handsome Boy Modelling School
- The Kills
and the, ahem, Chicago soundtrack.
(Obviously I am revisiting my youth with the first four)
On other matters, I have been invited to join the Larvatus Prodeo stable. Have yet to post, have a rather long one in the works that I have to edit down and refine. Hopefully we get something up in the next day or so.
And THAT is what I hate about blogging, self-indulgent posts such as this.